Located in Morrisville, N.C., Preston Pointe is nestled between Cary, Raleigh, and Durham, N.C., and is the is the perfect mix of upscale senior living and Southern charm.
Our philosophy of always making you feel welcome, valued, and at home in a friendly and luxurious space sets us apart from other communities in the Raleigh and Cary areas.
We offer the best characteristics of owning your own home, without the stress of maintaining it. Whether you’re interested in Independent Living or our supportive care, Gold Plus Living, you’ll find that the amenities and services offered at Preston Pointe were designed for active seniors who are passionate about life, provided by people who are committed to detail.
Preston Pointe is family owned and operated by professionals with over 50 years of experience in the senior care industry. With three generations of knowledge to draw from, you can be sure that every aspect of retirement living is constantly being evaluated and refined to ensure that we are always offering retirement living at its finest!
Emergency Response System
All suites are equipped with emergency call and response system. Upon move-in, residents are given a portable pendant which can be worn at all times, even in the shower.
The 24-hour on-site staff are equipped with a cordless telephone, which allows them to respond from anywhere in the building. Additionally, every suite is equipped with a Stove Guard sensor and excess water detector to ensure a worry-free home.
Preston Pointe has developed an app to keep family members informed in case of natural disasters, etc. where power outages may be a concern. The free app (available in iTunes and Google Play) allows our Executive Director to send an emergency notification with up-to-the-minute status reports.
Amenities and Services:
- Spacious, well-appointed apartment
- Fully equipped kitchen units with Stove Guard sensors
- Corian countertops and brushed nickel faucets
- Individual climate control
- Washer and dryer in each apartment
- Cable television
- Wired for telephone installation
- Carpet and window treatments
- Cafe with free WiFi and market
- Concierge available 8 a.m. to 8 p.m.
- Personal emergency response system
- Smoke detectors/fire sprinkler system
- Grand movie theatre
- Fitness center
- Cozy lounge areas
- Hair salon with manicurist
- Library and computer center
- Game room with billiard tables
- Shuffleboard table
- Guest suites
- Beautifully landscaped and well-maintained grounds
- Gazebos, benches, raised herb garden
- Outdoor barbecue area
- Individual mailboxes/postal service
- Apartment maintenance and repairs
- Convenient parking
- Planned social, cultural, and recreational activities and outings
- Wellness Coordinator
- Scheduled transportation for doctor appointments, shopping, and outings
- Weekly dry cleaning pick-up service
- Amenities conveniently located all under one roof
- Valet trash service
- On-site staff 24 hours
- Conveniently located within walking distance of shopping and restaurants
- Non-combustible steel and concrete construction
Health and Wellness:
- On-site staff, 24 hours a day
- 24 hour emergency response service
- Staff trained in first aid care and CPR
- Health & wellness planning session
- Access to visiting physician
- Wellness Coordinator consultations with your physician/caregiver
- Visiting on-site pharmacist for medication consultations
- Monthly newsletter with health tips
- Emergency data provided for “Vial of Life”
- Regular blood pressure checks
- Flu shot clinics
- Lecture Series on various health topics
- Access to onsite lab and X-ray services with some insurance providers
Additional Services Available:
- Hearing clinics with licensed audiologist
- On-site Podiatrist
- On-site physical, occupational and speech therapy
- On-site counseling services
- Exercise classes led by a physical therapist
- Personal care options such as assistance with self-administration of medication, daily assurance visits, assistance with daily living tasks, and more through Preston Pointe’s preferred Home Care Provider and/or Licensed Home Care Provider of the resident’s choice.
Years ago, seniors moved into retirement communities because they needed to. They needed extra assistance and could not live alone any longer. It was often the last resort. My, how things have changed! Retirement communities like Preston Pointe are a happy choice for seniors seeking to enhance their life. [...]
By Jessie Ammons If you want the convenience and freedom of living independently and are ready to give up responsibilities like household cleaning, yard maintenance, and even meal preparation, with the added bonus of multiple social engagements right at your door, then an independent living community is for you. [...]
The late Dr. Gene Cohen was known as the go-to expert on the mature brain and its lifelong capacity for learning and creativity. In a national three-year study, he found that older adults participating in professionally conducted arts programs used less medication, had fewer visits to the doctor, experienced [...]